Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!


I hope that everyone will have a great new year! Use this year to change something that has been on your mind to change for quite some time now but somethings always end to either get in your way or you have an excuse for your own self. Last year I texted all my friends... be str8 in 08. This year its - save a dime in 09! We need to be more frugal in 09 and store away some money somewhere. You don't have to be rich to save. I can't ever seem to save any money in my saving account because I can see and if I click on my online banking account, I can move it into my checking and touch it! I do I have a 401k with my job and a 403b account. This money is not readily available and it is helping me to save. I will also try to save some net earnings as well. I have been dreaming of driving away in a MINI Cooper S Convertible since they came out in 2005. I want one very badly but finances seem to always get in the way of things. With sticker prices starting at 31,000+, I'm not sure if I can afford it with new car insurance. I am currently driving a 99 Daewoo Lanos. (Remember those??) I think I'm the only one in Memphis with one. But when they werenew on the scene I ust had to have one. I admit it was a great car for me while I was in college but now I am in love with the MINI since the first moment I've laid eyes on him. And then there's the wedding that my boyfriend wants (May 2010) We will have to pay for everything ourselves and I don't plan on touching my savings for it. So theres the car and wedding... Which will come first? Who knows... all I know that I can't afford any of it now. The question is will my finances get worse or better in 2009??? So we have both committed to save a dime ( alot of dimes) in 2009!
Then theres the big W word- WEIGHT! I hate my size. I also hate the fact that I think about weight all day even in my dreams. I can't even eat without feeling guilty. I am trying to purchase a Nordictrack treadmill that features the iFit exercises. It will be about 800 after taxes. Hopefully I will lose about 25 pounds this year. I miss Bikram Yoga classes. It was costing 150 a month. Its hard living on your own, paying for everything, and trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I wish that I could have both but I chose the treadmill because it will be home and I can use it whenever I wanted to.
So here are my new years goals....... Save a dime in 09
1. save for car
2. save for wedding
3. invest in a treadmill
4. Lose 25 lbs
5. Get 4 new Sisterlock clients this year
Simple goals huh? Wish me luck!
I am still not eating meat. I want to be vegan so bad but this girl loves some cheese! No matter what soy product I've tried nothing compares to real cheese especially pepper jack!
Oh and happy new year to my friends...... I am sorry for not making time to hang out with you guys as much as we used to. I love you all! You know who you are!
My parents- You guys are the best and I love that I am your daughter. Big hand clap to my mom for leaving the perms alone. Her hair is very thick and healthy now.
To my brothers- Continue to strive to be great fathers, your children are my light of the day!
and to my Anan- I love you more every day and I am truly blessed that the Most High sent you my way....may our love grow sweeter in 2009..... ( 4 years in April... u ready?)
BTW... I'M GETTING BRACES! ANY ADVICE??? HELP!

7 comments:

Shavonne said...

Make sure you dope yourself up with some pain killers before you go in to get your braces. That helped me out a lot. My teeth still hurt after getting my braces tightened but the pain never compared to when I went to get them tightened without the pain killers.

Free McK. said...

Ohh sounds terrible! Any pain killer recommendations????... I am a HUGE baby when it comes to pain

Shavonne said...

Tylenol EXTRA strength unless you can get something stronger.

Free McK. said...

OMG ....THANKS!

Shavonne said...

Oh, make sure you keep soft food at home, apple sauce, yogurt, soup, etc because your teeth will be sore for a couple of days after you get your braces installed and every time you get your braces tightened.

Now for tools, you will need a dental pick, dental mirror, sturdy floss (one end will stiff for easy threading around braces), a flouride rinse (you teeth become weak), and someone to baby you. Stay away from sweets!!

That's it. Getting braces is worth it. I would do it again. I only had my braces for 1 year (I was supposed to keep them for 2 years but I PCS'd to Korea and couldn't take my orthodontist with me). My teeth turned out great regardless and I get lots of compliments on my smile.

Free McK. said...

You have helped tremendously! I'll be sure to post the outcome!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a big year ahead of you. I wish you the best in accomplishing every goal you've listed.

Happy New Year!!!