I'm baaaack! I really never left, I've commented on other SL blogs but since my camera is tow-up, I haven't been able to post. A post isn't fun without pictures! A friend of mine was nice enuf to take some impromptu pics of me. I saw him coming out of the store and he took some snaps. They came out perfect! Luckily I had on some make up and a stylish shirt... I was on my way to a birthday dinner in honor of my father. Well, anyway everything is going good with me. My relationship with P has seriously been tested...but weeee stilllll together! This long distance stuff is hard!!! I can't wait until he graduates. The teeth are getting comfortable with the brackets but the Jaw and lips are still mad at me! The ortho appts are getting better. No noticable changes in teeth though. My sisterlocks have still been good to me. But I sometimes think that the fairies come out at night and cut inches off a week! LOL No I'm kidding..my hair actually passes my shoulders now-but only when I pull it. It sucks because I'M READY TO TRY LONG LENGTH HAIR STYLES!!! I still dont know when the shrinkage will finally stop. I am just happy that I don't have to comb my hair still and I love that when I'm riding with my boyfriend and all the windows are down, I can put on my shades and let my hair do what it do! and when we arrive to the destination, I can just shake, fluff and go! That's the freedom of SISTERLOCKS baby!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Ok I just read my past post---- 2009 Goals and um WTH was I thinking..... Ok lets dissect the list shall we...
So here are my new years goals....... Save a dime in 09 Haven't saved anything more than I'm normally saving (403b, stocks, etc) Does it count that I've paid some loans off since Jan?
1. save for car Haven't done this yet..Still undecided about purchasing a new car. I want one for swag but I don't NEED one. I mean who still drives a Daewoo...I do! Does it count that I've replaced the really cracked windshield, added auto tint, fixed the AC and bought new tires?
2. save for wedding Ok this was a REAL stupid goal to begin with. Sometimes ladies we are guilty of thinking this will be the year that he proposes... He has never asked and I was wrong to assume that I needed to save for a event that hasn't even been initiated, Well it has been 4 years.... But 3 1/2 of those years he has been an undergrad college student. And if you read Steve Harvey's book - "Think like a man but act like a lady" than you will understand that men need to know who they are , what they're going to do (job), and how much money they are going to make before they can even think about marrying you... and P doesn't know the latter two. I think I am going thru this "I'm turning 30" phase. You know when you were a child you mapped out your whole life? By 30 I suppose to be married with 2 kids living it up... It's just Marley and Me. I didn't want to start having children at 35 but I guess I have no choice.... I can go on and on on this subject... I digress
Marley wishing the bag was full...
4. Lose 25 lbs Dont know how much I weighed when I wrote this but I know "I aint loss no 25lbs!" lol it's a work in progress....
5. Get 4 new Sisterlock clients this year Ok I quit the SL business. I wasted ALOT of money. Memphis is not a great place for natural hair care. There are three women who has been SLing for 7 yrs plus and they got Memphis on lock! All my appointments cancelled on me-changed their mind- etc. P says I never really wanted to do it anyway, I was just fasinated about the thought of extra income. My new thing is to opening a preparatory school for ages 3-5 in a rural area outside of Memphis. Anyone know a grant-writer? Teaching is really my true and first love.
So there you have it! I've revised my goals for the remainder of the year...
1. Lose 25 lbs- current weight 161
2. Save money- not for a car or anything particular just some saved cash on hand
3. Start saying NO
Wish me luck!