Saturday, January 3, 2009

new do

I wanted a new look for the new year and school is about to start Monday. I want some curls! But I also wanted length. I usually use locloops but it always made my hair too tight. I like the softness about them and I will definitely use them when I get some serious hang time! I asked my friend that has very very long locs what type of rollers does she use and she recommend that I buy the purple rods. When I got to the store that were twosizes and my common sense told me to grab the longer ones. I also grabbed some Lottabody (don't tell anyone) I mixed 20% of lottabody with distilled water. I washed my hair too but it dries so fast that I had to re-wet with the spray bottle just to roll it up. My hair didn't even need washing. Next time I won't wash it unless it needs it of course!
Here is the side view. I am just noticing the lock in the front I left out... No wonder it looks funny now... I left the back out for length. It was like the last five rows because my last three rows are a mess. ( see my label bantu knots ) My hair broke off real bad before SL so I like to spoil them to promote growth. I let them freestyle as much as possible.

The verdict. It has been about three days when this pic was taken. I was on the go to see BF for new year's eve celebration.I took the rollers out on the highway of the three hour trip. I only let my hair air dry for about 11 hours. I wished I had a hair dryer. I think it will last longer.



Another shot in robe and rollers. lol




I tried to take a pic showing how the str8 locs I didn't curl added a lil fullness to the back area. It blends in nicely.


I am happy about these curls. They are the perfect length and size! This pic was taken 4 days later. I do not roll my hair up at night. I bought a satin pillow case. I fall asleep. That's all I do to my hair at night. I think I will finger comb my hair today....






5 comments:

Docs Locs said...

Isn't it wonderful to set and go for several days to weeks!

I have found that sleeping in a 'dreadsock' helps keep my set longer and never falls off in my sleep as do scarves!

Free McK. said...

cool! where did u buy ur dreadsock?

Docs Locs said...

Thanks for hitting me back!

www.dreadsock.com (Julian will hook you up! He is based out of North Carolina)

You asked about vegetarian restaurants in the ATL?

Try Lovin it Live! in East Point. www.lovingitlive.com and, of course...

Soul Vegetarian Restaurants. There is one in the West End in SW Atlanta and one closer to downtown in Virginia Highlands.
http://www.soulvegetarian.com/restaurants.php

Anonymous said...

Beautiful curls!!! How long did it take to put all the rollers in and how many rollers did you use? If you don't mind me asking....

Free McK. said...

I bought 5 bags. Its 12 rollers in each bag. so 60! LET ME CHECK AGAIN... It didn't seem like that many... Especially since I only did 60% of my hair.