Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday Night Date


"Well, another Saturday night and I aint got nobody..." I love that song. I went on a date tonight with my hair. I spent about 3 hours on my hair tonight. I know I am going to nodd in church tomorrow. I am horrible at washing/doing my own hair. I have to divide my hair in six sections, then wash and rinse each section. After I complete a section, I bantu knot it up then proceed to wash the next section. Once all have been washed, I proceed to blow dry and flat iron the same way. Crazy huh? I have tried washing my hair all at once but it always end up to be one big HOT MESS. I always have hair suicide thoughts when that happens (cutting it all off) All I keep thinking was, why didn't I call my consultant earlier? Why didn't I call in 2000 when I first heard about Sisterlocks? Why did it take me so long? I have less than a month to wait now. I am going on December 17th and it won't come early enough. I want to color my hair before I go. I loved the #4 color that my hair used to be when I had a perm. Now my hair is a real dull dark brown and its so boring. I never dyed/colored my hair before. I dont know what to do. I don't want to be a shocker when I come back to school. I teach middle school, they are already going to ask a million and one questions about the sisterlocks, I don't want to have a new hair color too. If I do color it, I need to do it soon. I am also worried about the coloring damaging my hair. So many thoughts= no decisions What do you suggest? If you suggest color, please recommend one. I had to add this picture of me being silly about shrinkage.... hey, who says you can't have fun on a hair date?

5 comments:

CardioBunny said...

Girl, my hair ALWAYS ended up being a hot mess after washing it. I sooo don't miss those days. If you're worrying about damaging your hair maybe you can do a few highlights instead of dying all over (I kind of wish I had done that instead).

Unknown said...

WEll, whatever you do, make sure you do it BEFORE getting the SLs installed. You won't be able to do much of anything for the better part of a year (or more, if you are as unfortunate as i am). No conditioner, no cutting, nada.

Did I mention to make sure you get a trim before you get the sls installed? No? Ok, make sure you get a trim beofre you get your sls isntalled. :

Free McK. said...

Sunsail, should I press my hair and then clip the ends?

Anonymous said...

hola ssenorita free. just joking pretty lady. Man I cant wait to see what your hair is going to look like. Took you about 6 years. Love you though. I like the highlight idea. yes blowdry your hair and flat iron it then trim your edges. take care free.

Cedric

Audrey's Pleasure said...

i absolutely love your blog. it is so cool.