Thursday, November 15, 2007

BOOOO to Shrinkage







Today, on the LIU Group, everyone was talking about shrinkage and when will it stop with sisterlocks. I looked in the mirror tonight and as I played once again with my test locks, I knew that I will have the horrible spell of shrinkage. However, it really didn't come as a surprise because my hair has always appeared to be shorter to people than the length really is. So as I read SL'd sistas say that they have been locked for at least a year and they wondered when the shrinkage will stop, I automatically knew that in a year's time, I will be asking that same burning question. So I expect it and for now on ladies let's consider this evil "shrinkage" as a rite of passage for beautiful sisterlocks.



The 1st pics, I just pulled out the test locs and let them naturally hang. I had to use my hand for the contrast, hoping for better definition of the locks. The last pic shows how long the same locs could be if I didn't have shrinkage to stand in the way. -And the odd thing is, I haven't wash my hair since the test locs were installed. I guess the shrinks come out at night...

3 comments:

Lakia said...

I guess you can call me an odd ball. I am loving my shrinkage! My hair has always fallen well below my shoulders, and I am just in love with my shrinkage. It's like having a haircut. I know through time it will come back down again. Meanwhile... I'm sitting back and enjoying this journey.

CarmenNC said...

Shrinkage works to my favor being that my hair is on the thin side. With it all bunched up from shrinkage it looks fuller.

Taz said...

Gurl, you got some hair on yo head!!!! just when I thought I had a bunch of natural hair WHEW...has your consultant told you about how long it will take to do your SL? I'm just courious? I started with 8-10 inches and it seemed as if it was FOREVER, but well worth it, now that I'm 3 months out the barn I'm loving it more and more each day, the shrinkage...humm it doesn't shrink like your puff would but the locks do shrink I notice mines stretches out after a wash and I'm messing in it but 2 days later they shrink but I like the look of the ends with the shrinkinage...ok I'm moving on, looking forward to your pics and day after locking blog!

Happy locking!