Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2009 Goals Revisted


Ok I just read my past post---- 2009 Goals and um WTH was I thinking..... Ok lets dissect the list shall we...


So here are my new years goals....... Save a dime in 09 Haven't saved anything more than I'm normally saving (403b, stocks, etc) Does it count that I've paid some loans off since Jan?


1. save for car Haven't done this yet..Still undecided about purchasing a new car. I want one for swag but I don't NEED one. I mean who still drives a Daewoo...I do! Does it count that I've replaced the really cracked windshield, added auto tint, fixed the AC and bought new tires?




2. save for wedding Ok this was a REAL stupid goal to begin with. Sometimes ladies we are guilty of thinking this will be the year that he proposes... He has never asked and I was wrong to assume that I needed to save for a event that hasn't even been initiated, Well it has been 4 years.... But 3 1/2 of those years he has been an undergrad college student. And if you read Steve Harvey's book - "Think like a man but act like a lady" than you will understand that men need to know who they are , what they're going to do (job), and how much money they are going to make before they can even think about marrying you... and P doesn't know the latter two. I think I am going thru this "I'm turning 30" phase. You know when you were a child you mapped out your whole life? By 30 I suppose to be married with 2 kids living it up... It's just Marley and Me. I didn't want to start having children at 35 but I guess I have no choice.... I can go on and on on this subject... I digress

Marley wishing the bag was full...

3. invest in a treadmill Bought an Elliptical instead and I MAKE mself get on it twice a week. So far so good but I miss working out with people/gym


4. Lose 25 lbs Dont know how much I weighed when I wrote this but I know "I aint loss no 25lbs!" lol it's a work in progress....


5. Get 4 new Sisterlock clients this year Ok I quit the SL business. I wasted ALOT of money. Memphis is not a great place for natural hair care. There are three women who has been SLing for 7 yrs plus and they got Memphis on lock! All my appointments cancelled on me-changed their mind- etc. P says I never really wanted to do it anyway, I was just fasinated about the thought of extra income. My new thing is to opening a preparatory school for ages 3-5 in a rural area outside of Memphis. Anyone know a grant-writer? Teaching is really my true and first love.





So there you have it! I've revised my goals for the remainder of the year...





1. Lose 25 lbs- current weight 161


2. Save money- not for a car or anything particular just some saved cash on hand


3. Start saying NO





Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can identify with almost everything you've listed....

-Investing in stocks and paying off loans does count!!!
-Think really hard on if you want a new car. Don't focus on the type of car you currently have, focus on if you want to start making a car payment for the next 3-5 years.
-There is nothing wrong with saving for a wedding or your future. Regardless of when the time comes you're gonna need the money. I think a bit differently on the subject of marriage. My bf and I have been together for more than 5 years and we're not married. Do I care? no... Do I want to marry him? yes... I just know I'm the luckiest woman in the world to have him in my life.
-I definitely feel you on losing weight, I just keep gaining by the minute.

Great goals!!!

Anonymous said...

From another blog where I say your post: "Coool! I want one! How do you get one? Is this something new? I've been locked for almost 6 months and I didn't get one. Boo-hoo, I'm so jealous. LOL"

Lady, as much as we paid to get these things call the SL office and tell them to send your certificate POST HASTE! Seriously, they need to stay on the ball with anything we have coming, IMHO. How hard could it be to type a name into a template and print a certificate out and mail it?

Your '09 Goals: You are to be commended for the self-insight into the not saving for an event that has not even been scheduled (referencing S. Harvey's book). Many people would choose to stay in la-la land.

Just wanted to stop and give you big props for that.

Namaste,

LL

Shavonne said...

Are you seriously taking advice from a Steve Harvey book???

A woman who doesn't make marriage a requirement is a woman destined to be a baby mama. If he don't want to marry you, find a new man!

The moment you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than what you settle for.

Free McK. said...

LOL YEA we are still together and basically your quotes sum up what the book was all about!