Monday, June 23, 2008

Black Tee, Hair, and Me!



I thought about using a visual measurement of my hair growth and my weight loss. I agreed to the 5o million pound challenge (http://50millionpoundchallenge.com/) and I am still going strong (one month) on my vegan lifestyle. I want to lose 35lbs. I am borderline normal. I am only 6 lbs away from being overweight.(BMI) I admit it is very hard in my busy life to eat as a vegan ( no milk, egg, animal products) so I see myself just being vegetarian ( I miss cheese!) especially when school starts back. I will stay vegan as long as I can. I feel better and not sleepy after every meal. I have always loved fresh veggies and every fruit the Most High made! This book really helped me alot. http://www.skinnybitch.net/It is crazy funny! It's like talking with friends. It is real talk! Okay back to the point. Starting today each day on the 23rd I will take the exact same photo in the same shirt. I will label it BTHM. I am hoping that I can see the difference in my weight loss each month and my beautiful hair!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you!!! I purchased that book some time ago and couldn't help but laugh at how real the authors were.

As long as you follow a basic vegan diet you will lose weight. That's what happened to me when I initially went vegan. Now I have found and continuously make vegan sweets and such. Which hasn't been good to my waistline...hehe!

Good luck!!!!!!

Free McK. said...

what do you take to lunch at the office? I need something that i can quickly prepare.

Anonymous said...

Lunch is usually the simplest meal, maybe some soup or chili or even a salad or leftovers from the evening before or a sandwich or pasta....

Guess the easiest, if you're ok with leftovers, is to make a little extra dinner and have that for lunch the next day.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I thought I responded to your post....but then again I don't remember.

Your quickest options are veggie sandwiches, soups, salads & leftovers.

Free McK. said...

Thanks Meikmeika!

muslimahlocs said...

i know your hair is awesome since miss blenna did it. she has retightened and styled my sisterlocks a few times. she is the best!

Audrey's Pleasure said...

welcome to my world. i'm vegan too. have been for a long, while. I love it! your body will thank you for it.

Free McK. said...

omg! I knew you were my "idol" for a reason! It is very challenging b/c there aren't a lot of vegan options in Memphis. How do you get through the work week. I am a teacher and I am not looking forward to the pot lucks, snack machine and coke machine temptations! I need to bring a lite lunch everyday! Any other suggestions?